Who Needs a UK Visa
Citizens of the European Economic Area, Switzerland and Commonwealth countries are not required to apply a UK visa prior to entering the UK. For a complete list of countries whose citizens need a visa for UK visit this page.
How to Apply for a UK Visa?
The UK visa application process depends a lot on the type of visa that you are applying for. Especially if your type of visa belongs to one of the Points-Based System category. Though most of the requirements are the same for each category, the way they are evaluated in the system differs. There are also additional requirements that vary from one to another category.
What are the Required Documents for UK Visa?
1. UK visa application form. According to
the UK visa type you are applying for, you
may have to complete the form online at the
website of the Visa4UK website, or the
manual application form.
2. Two photographs. These photos should be taken within the past six months and in color.
3. Your Valid Passport. It must be valid for three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip. It must also have at least one blank page for the visa.
4. Proof you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK. This may be your bank statements for the last six months, or pay slips for the same period.
5. Proof of accommodation. You will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the UK. Note that you do not have to fully pay a hotel/hostel in UK before getting the visa, just to get such a document.
6. Detailed travel itinerary. Submit a travel plan that gives all the information regarding how and what you are planning to do in the UK. Include the travel dates, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, etc. Click here to learn how to book dummy flight tickets for UK visa.
7. Tuberculosis Test Results. Nationals of several world countries will need to submit the requests of a Tuberculosis Test in order to be eligible for a UK Visa. Check here if you need to provide the TB test results.
8. Biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
9. UK visa invitation letter. (If applicable). If you will be staying over at a friend or a family member, then you should submit a letter of invitation. Your host must be a UK national or a legal resident.
10. Paid UK visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required.
11. Certified translations of any document that is not in either English or Welsh.
Please note ICICM 2022 is not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Acceptance Letter and Invitation Letter issued by the organizing committee.
* Invitation letter will only be issued upon request after successful registration.
NOTICE: Should your application be denied, the organizing committee cannot change the decision of visa officer, nor will ICICM 2022 engage in discussion or correspondence with the visa application center on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee CANNOT be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.